Project „Active Against Discrimination” was a Training Course hosted in Krzyżowa, in Lower Silesia region of Poland between 25th of October and 2nd of November 2015.
The course was designed for youth workers, leaders and trainers working in local communities in Poland, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Romania, Malta, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Macedonia.
Main topic of the project was a problem of discrimination and unequal treatment in everyday life and in the public sphere.
• equipped 24 activists of youth with the skills, knowledge and competence in the subject of anti-discrimination, knowledge of the mechanisms exclude certain topics and social groups from the public and knowledge on the mechanisms of stereotyping and prejudice.
• fulfilled the need for training and sensitizing youth activists on issues of equality and their substantive preparations for responding to discriminatory actions and to promote actions and behaviors equality.
• empowered involved organizations to develop and implement projects aiming to foster activism against discrimination;
• exchanged good practice and enhanced international cooperation of youth organizations and youth workers;
• educated participants about the relationships between groups minority and majority, and tried out and learnt various methods of responding to discrimination.
• provided new innovative approaches of promotion of tolerance among young people in Europe, using non-formal education and implemented them by follow up activities and projects planning.
More information from the project and photos you can find HERE.
If you liked our Training Course “Active Against Discrimination” and want to support our work, please spread the word about it by sharing it on social networks and using the hashtag #AADbyTDM2000Polska
Have you been participating in our projects? Would you like to share with us your personal opinion about it and publish it on our website? If yes, please fill out this FORM and give us your honest feedback.